All our life is about communication
In practice, the controlling hardware platform inside Atropos-1 and Atropos-2 and Mnemosyne is the same. Genius control of all the Single-Use-Pump's. We have named this proprietary PLC hardware platform of our own design / construction for Apollon.
The Apollon unit is a super compact PLC, which houses a 900 MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU and 16 GB Ram. A range of 15-bit high speed in/out analogue and digital channels corresponding with various sensor’s and actuator’s. The ARM CPU operate Linux Debian Jessie kernel version 4.9 and features a build-in webserver visible through the 5” TFT touch sensitive graphical display.
Apollon is installed inside the U2 Hephaestus cabinet (with many other components) and hereby becomes the naked, non-intelligent Metis unit. When the proprietary Atropos software is loaded into Metis – Metis becomes alive, is transferred into the intelligent Atropos Drive Unit for SUP control.
Atropos software is programmed in CODESYS ver 3.5 allowing:
- any imaginable operation sequence, cycle for each diaphragm (pulse ramp, pulse train, pulse length, pulse pause, stroke start, stroke length, stroke distance)
- real-time information about pumped volume from each individually diaphragm
- data acquisition and subsequent data logging for each diaphragm
The GUI, Graphical-User-Interface is principally all identical. Here a range of different software platforms shown from left: Atropos, Clotho, Erato.
The Support-Foot houses the Laser sensor, which online read out the actual position of the diagram / membrane position. This key information is critical for the unique performance of PumpCell's patented products.
The integrated webhost allows the user to access the Apollon PLC via:
- The integrated 5” TFT touch sensitive graphical display
- Wi-Fi / USB adaptor
- IP/TCP from many devices via Ethernet / LAN
- ModBus / OPC is the preferred communication interface with external devices.
- Access via Wi-Fi / USB adaptor to the web interface, which will show up on the monitor when connected to PC connection.
- Atropos is accessible from smartphones, Pads, PC via the Apache webserver.